Friday, January 13, 2006

Time to Update my blog

Our son's two boys, Aaron and Andrew. Typical teenagers....





Our 40-year old son, Joe. He is senior pastor of Calvary Temple Assembly of God in Birmingham, AL. We're proud of him!





Awww! She is so happy now. Her husband Joe is a great son-in-law. Too many Joes in this family!





Our three granddaughters, Sheri's girls- so beautiful! We are blessed with five grandchildren and 3 step-grandchildren, Joe's kids.



Sheri and Joe saying their vows.



I have been so remiss in updating this blog! So sorry that my last post was in November and here it is January. A lot has happened, God has been good to us and our family.

Our daughter got married on Dec 2, a marriage made in Heaven. We flew out to Colorado Springs for the event, and they almost had to drag me onto the plane to return to Georgia! Lord knows I love Colorado! I'll attach some pictures of the wedding and other stuff from the trip. Sheri has a great husband, I know he will take care of her and he is a terrific son-in-law. We are so happy for her. Her husband's name: Joe!

This morning I received an email from an old friend with whom I was stationed some 25 years ago in Taiwan, Joe Alt. We were really close friends and I'm so glad he found me. That's 2 folks from CCK AB with whom I correspond, and one from Utapao, Thailand.

If you want a great thrill, log on to Google Earth. You can zoom in on any place in the world from satellite images, and it's a lot of fun. Try it!

OK, here's the pictures:

Jenny and me at the wedding


Hope you enjoyed this slightly messed-up post. I'll try to be more prompt in posting from now on.

Joe the senior.....

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences on the loss of Joe. He touched so many lives and will be sorely missed by all.

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy,
I know you know, and I know I told you how much it meant to me to have you there at the wedding. It meant more than the world to me to finally dance with my Daddy, I looked forward to that moment more than anyone will ever know.
I will treasure that moment until the day I die.
I love you Daddy and will miss you deeply.
Thank you for being such a wonderful Dad and molding me into the beautiful young woman you've dreamed of me becoming.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Joel said...

Sir, the granddaughters are beautiful. I knew Sheri in high school, and the girl in the middle could be a photograph of the way I remember her. I'm happy to see that she's so happy.

You wouldn't remember me, but I came to your house a couple of times to see Sheri, and I still remember (and retell) a story you told of towing a corncob behind your car, and telling the cop that pulled you over that you were "trolling for pigs."

 

<< Home