Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's Been a While!

Wow, I just looked at my blog, and it's been a while since I posted anything! OK, here we go. I have a new plane to fly. It's a Cessna 172, otherwise known as a Skyhawk. A 1976 model, it has a new paint job, a totally new panel, with the newest Garmin 430 navigation system, which has a moving map and is just so wonderful to use. The engine has about 1200 hours left TBO, and it flies much faster than my old Cherokee. I just went yesterday to check out in it, and had an hour of very enjoyable flying with the instructor at Sasser Aviation, the FBO at Emanuel County airport in Swainsboro, GA. Already have three flights scheduled, including one to Birmingham, AL, to visit our son and his family.

I will be going out tomorrow for an hour or so, just for fun, so we'll post another blog after the flight.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home