Sunday, December 05, 2004

Patriot Flyer

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I know it's a bit early, but I'd like to wish everyone who stumbles across my poor little site a very merry Christmas! In the spirit of being more spiritual and more true to my very definite position as a born-again and very serious Christian, I am in the process of developing a few articles for posting that deal with some of the thornier subjects that are causing many somewhat unsure Americans to tear out their "ecclesiastical hair." Give me a little time, and if you pray for me, pray that I do it well and that I do not depart from the truth.

Of course, the holiday, or holy-day, that we celebrate this month is Christmas. Not Winter holiday, or some other such secular celebration. As our nation gets more secular each year, we Americans seem to have so much trouble celebrating Christian, or even Jewish, holidays. That should not be, and it doesn't have to be. We can be big boys and girls, and we can celebrate holy holidays just as we always have. The Constitution does not prevent this, it guarantees it. Just as nonbelievers have the constitutional right NOT to celebrate Christmas, we have the right to our celebrations, complete with Christmas carols. If anyone is "offended," I'm sorry, but nothing in the constitution guarantees any one of us that we will have lives free from offense. Get over it. So come on, have a great Christmas, and enjoy the season!

The reason for the season, as has been said so many times, is Jesus. We celebrate His birth, and the gift of our Heavenly Father to all of us who so desperately needed a Saviour, with gifts between each other, songs praising God, and great fanfare. As we continue our celebrations this year, let's keep our eyes on the reason for our celebration - Jesus! And let's all give thanks that God did send His Son to be the sacrifice for our sins!

Merry Christmas!

Joe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home